Metro West Council of Government is a council of municipalities serving a population of more than 750,000 in Kane, DeKalb and Kendall Counties of Illinois. The non-profit organization was founded in November 2004 and is supported by member dues. It serves its members and the region by:
- Promoting excellence in local government.
- Evaluating the impact of pending state and federal legislation on municipalities.
- Articulating municipal concerns and advocating municipal positions on local, regional, state and national issues.
- Fostering intergovernmental communication and cooperation.
- Providing research, technical assistance, training and leadership development opportunities to members.
- Addressing growth, transportation and water conservation issues affecting the region.
- Serving as a strong advocate for municipalities.
Metro West members meet monthly, usually on the fourth Thursday evening. In addition to networking, the dinner meetings often feature speakers on topics of interest to member municipalities.
Special Programs & Events
Special programs and events include the Legislative Breakfast, the Springfield Drive Down, various workshops, the Legislative BBQ and Session Review, the Legislative Mixer and Golf Outing and the Annual Business Partner Recognition Dinner.
Board of Directors
The mayor/president and manager/administrator from each municipality are voting members of the Council’s Board of Directors, which is led by an Executive Committee consisting of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Past-Presidents. The executive committee also includes a municipal representative from each of the three counties.
- President: Troy Parlier, President, Village of Oswego
- Vice President: Stephan Pickett, President, Village of Sleepy Hollow
- Secretary: Steve Bosco, Administrator, Village of North Aurora
- Treasurer: Dan DiSanto, Administrator, Village of Oswego
- DeKalb County Municipal Representative: Dawn Wucki-Rossbach, Administrator, Village of Maple Park
- Kane County Municipal Representative: Joe Cavallaro, Administrator, Village of West Dundee
- Kendall County Municipal Representative: Matt Brolley, President, Village of Montgomery
- Immediate Past President: Kevin Burns, Mayor, City of Geneva
- Executive Director: Lesli Melendy | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Executive Assistant Susan Russell| SRussell.email@example.com
Metro West Board Liaisons To Partner Organizations
- CMAP Board Member & Liaison: Matt Brolley, President, Village of Montgomery / Jeff Schielke, Mayor, City of Batavia
- CMAP Regional Water Supply Planning Group Representatives: Peter Wallers, President, Engineering Enterprises, Inc.
- IML-Illinois Municipal League: Richard Irvin, Mayor, City of Aurora
- Metropolitan Mayors Caucus Representatives: Jeff Schielke, Mayor, City of Batavia
Metro West Council works collaboratively with a number of governmental entities and regional public and private agencies, boards and committees to facilitate intergovernmental cooperation and to provide the municipal perspective on relevant issues. The Council works to ensure that municipal viewpoints are represented at the earliest possible stages of decision making.
- Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning
- Illinois Municipal League
- Kane/Kendall Council of Mayors
- Metropolitan Mayors Caucus
- Metropolitan Planning Council
- RTA-Regional Transit Authority
- DeKalb County
- Kane County
- Kendall County
Council of Governments
- DuPage Mayors and Managers Conference
- Lake County Municipal League
- McHenry County Council of Governments
- Northwest Municipal Conference
- South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association
- Southwest Conference of Mayors
- West Central Municipal Conference
- Will County Governmental League