Metro West Council of Government is a council of municipalities serving a population of more than 750,000 in Kane, DeKalb and Kendall Counties of Illinois. The non-profit organization was founded in November 2004 and is supported by member dues. It serves its members and the region by:
- Promoting excellence in local government.
- Evaluating the impact of pending state and federal legislation on municipalities.
- Articulating municipal concerns and advocating municipal positions on local, regional, state and national issues.
- Fostering intergovernmental communication and cooperation.
- Providing research, technical assistance, training and leadership development opportunities to members.
- Addressing growth, transportation and water conservation issues affecting the region.
- Serving as a strong advocate for municipalities.
Metro West members meet monthly–via zoom for the business meeting on the second Thursday of the month. Additionally there is an optional in person networking dinner the fourth Thursday of the month at rotating locations in the Metro West region. These networking meetings allow members and business partners the opportunity for casual dialogue in a smaller setting.
Special Programs & Events
Special programs and events include the Legislative Breakfast, the Springfield Drive Down, the Legislative BBQ and Session Review, the Annual Golf Outing and the Annual Business Partner Recognition Dinner.
Metro West Board of Directors
The mayor/president and manager/administrator from each municipality are voting members of the Council’s Board of Directors, which is led by an Executive Committee consisting of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and Past-Presidents. The executive committee also includes a municipal representative from each of the three counties.
- President: Stephan Pickett, President, Village of Sleepy Hollow
- Vice President: Mike Reid, President, Village of Hampshire
- Secretary: Steve Bosco, Administrator, Village of North Aurora
- Treasurer: Dan DiSanto, Administrator, Village of Oswego
- DeKalb County Municipal Representative: open
- Kane County Municipal Representative: Stephanie Dawkins, Administrator, City of Geneva
- Kendall County Municipal Representative: Ric Offerman, President, Village of Minooka
- Immediate Past President: Troy Parlier, President, Village of Oswego
Metro West Staff
- Executive Director: Lesli Melendy | LMelendi@metrowestcog.org
- Member Services Manager: Susan Russell| SRussell@metrowestcog.org
- Event Coordinator: Jennifer Downing | JDowning@metrowestcog.org
Metro West Board Liaisons To Partner Organizations
- CMAP Board Member & Liaison: Matt Brolley, President, Village of Montgomery / Jeff Schielke, Mayor, City of Batavia
- CMAP Regional Water Supply Planning Group Representatives: Peter Wallers, President, Engineering Enterprises, Inc.
- IML-Illinois Municipal League: Richard Irvin, Mayor, City of Aurora
- Metropolitan Mayors Caucus Representatives: Jeff Schielke, Mayor, City of Batavia & Kevin Burns, Mayor, City of Geneva
Metro West Council works collaboratively with a number of governmental entities and regional public and private agencies, boards and committees to facilitate intergovernmental cooperation and to provide the municipal perspective on relevant issues. The Council works to ensure that municipal viewpoints are represented at the earliest possible stages of decision making.
- Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning
- Illinois Municipal League
- Kane/Kendall Council of Mayors
- Metropolitan Mayors Caucus
- Metropolitan Planning Council
- RTA-Regional Transit Authority
- DeKalb County
- Kane County
- Kendall County
Council of Governments
- DuPage Mayors and Managers Conference
- Lake County Municipal League
- McHenry County Council of Governments
- Northwest Municipal Conference
- South Suburban Mayors and Managers Association
- Southwest Conference of Mayors
- West Central Municipal Conference
- Will County Governmental League